A Lifeline for Families
Bridging Family Support provides in-home and community supports throughout southern and central New Jersey for individuals of all ages with developmental/intellectual disabilities and their families. Using a holistic approach, we offer intensive treatment in a family-centered, team environment.
The program helps families caring for a loved one challenged with communication, social interaction and behavior difficulties. In-home services give families the opportunity to learn together in a safe, supportive environment. The ultimate goal is to improve the quality of life for the entire family and allow individuals to reach their full potential while living in the community.
Get the Help Your Loved One Needs
Families have direct access to trained staff 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our caring, professional team utilize Trauma Informed Care and will meet with your family to assess your individualized needs. Services include:
- Individualized supports focused on independence and daily living skills acquisition
- Individual and family therapy with licensed counselors and therapists experienced with dual diagnosis Behavior management utilizing ABA interventions Assessment and behavior/treatment plan development
- Community-based supports for adults in need of community integration
- Respite care to give families a period of relief to rest, relax and reduce stress
- Family support, education and training in collaboration with home and community resources
A Family Focused Approach
Bridging Family Support sees the family as a whole unit and techniques promote increased understanding and trust. Our goal is to engage all family members in the treatment process through interactions based in:
- Language development
- Fine and gross motor skills
- Daily living skills
- Emotional and psychological well-being
Treatment plans address hygiene, nutrition and safety at home and in the community.
For children under age 21, call PerformCare at 1-877-652-7624. For adults age 21 and over, call your identified DD Support Coordinator (via the Division of Developmental Disabilities).