Mount Holly, NJ– Oaks Integrated Care announced that another set of its programs were recently accredited by the Commission on the Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) International. CARF International is an independent, nonprofit accreditor of health and human services.
“This accreditation represents a major step forward in Oaks’ goals to fulfill its mission by providing the highest level of quality health care and social services to help individuals and families achieve emotional, mental and physical wellness,” said Oaks Chief Executive Officer Derry Holland.
A total of 41 programs representing ten service areas were peer-reviewed by a five-member accreditation team in October. The group of surveyors were on site for three days. They reviewed person-served and staff records as well as agency policies and program manuals. They toured Oaks’ residences and facilities. They spoke with staff and interviewed people who receive Oaks services.
The report of the surveyors is filled with praise and accolades for Oaks, its staff and services. Reviewers commented on “phenomenal care” and being “delighted to find many ‘stars’ at every site.” They were impressed that the persons served felt “safe and highly engaged” and that those in Oaks residential facilities were living in “beautiful neighborhoods with attractive living environments and personalized rooms.” Among the many significant conclusions of the report was this statement: “The persons served and their families express high satisfaction with services at Oaks Integrated Care.”
Another significant finding contained in the report addressed the organization’s staff and professionalism: “Oaks Integrated Care’s staff members are motivated, professional, caring, and well qualified for their positions with a trend toward long tenure. They approach the mission as a team and adapt their service approach to meet the needs of the persons served and their families. Together, the staff members have developed an organizational culture of accountability, transparency, and mutual trust, and they continually take huge strides toward working to take the organization to the next level and making positive marks on the lives of the persons served.”
“We are delighted with the outstanding findings, which are a testament to the contributions and efforts of every Oaks employee,” said Leslie Karpf, Chief of Quality and Health Integration.
Accreditation surveyors were on site in 2017 and spring 2018 for other programs. Oaks received the highest possible level of accreditation, which will be in effect for three years before it may be renewed through reaccreditation.
Oaks has achieved accreditation in the following areas:
- Assessment and Referral: Alcohol and Other Drugs/Addictions (Adults);
- Community Housing: Mental Health (Adults);
- Supportive Living: Mental Health (Adults);
- Community Integration: Mental Health (Consumer-Run);
- Prevention: Mental Health (Adults);
- Promotion/Prevention (Children and Adolescents);
- Community Housing and Shelters (Children and Adolescents);
- Community Transition (Children and Adolescents);
- Counseling/Outpatient (Children and Adolescents);
- Day Treatment (Adults; Children and Adolescents);
- Group Home Care (Children and Adolescents);
- Health Home: Comprehensive Care (Adults);
- Outpatient Treatment: Mental Health (Adults; Children and Adolescents);
- Intensive Outpatient Treatment: Mental Health (Adults);
- Support and Facilitation (Children and Adolescents);
- Assertive Community Treatment: Mental Health (Adults);
- Case Management/Service Coordination: Mental Health (Adults);
- Crisis Intervention: Mental Health (Adults; Children and Adolescents);
- Detoxification/Withdrawal Management: Alcohol and Other Drugs/Addictions (Adults); and,
- Intensive Family Based Services (Children and Adolescents).
Oaks Integrated Care, established in 1968, is an accredited nonprofit provider of health and social services, offering over 230 unique programs for vulnerable adults, children and families throughout New Jersey. Its programs include group homes, day treatment, outpatient and partial care services, crisis stabilization services, food pantries and special needs supportive housing. For more information, please visit www.oaksintcare.org.
# # #